Well, you and your family and/or guests are in for a very special treat, when you make this very easy dessert. Perfect for sizzling summer evenings!
Recipe of the Week: Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
1 pack of cinnamon graham crackers, crumbled
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 qt. vanilla ice cream
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/3 c. cream peanut butter
2/3 c. chopped dry roasted peanuts
1. Mix the crust ingredients together, press into pie plate*, and set aside to cool.
2. Mix the corn syrup and the peanut butter in a glass, two-cup measuring cup with a spout until smooth.
3. When the crust has thoroughly cooled, carefully press half of the ice cream on top of the crust. Pour half of the pb/syrup mixture over the ice cream and spread around as much as possible. Sprinkle half of the nuts on top of this.
4. Repeat with the remaining ice cream, peanut butter mixture, and nuts.
5. Freeze for two or three hours. Before serving, set pie in a shallow dish of hot water for a few minutes to slightly loosen the crust.
*As much as I dislike metal pie pans, for this pie you might one to use one because of the possibility of a glass one cracking or being dropped and broken. And the tastiness of this pie might have someone trying to eat it off the floor, crunchy glass and all. (Does that happen to sound like “been there, done that?” 🙂 )
Thought of the Week: Although it has been 52 days since the summer solstice (longest day of the year), sunrises have just begun to occur a little later and sunsets slightly earlier. Though the heat has not abated, it seems like there are a couple hours less of its intensity, which is definitely a blessing.