After cooking for nearly 70 years, Mother is getting tired of it. She and Dad go out to eat more often. However, she still tries new recipes once in a while, and here is one she shared with us last month.
Recipe of the Week: Easy Peach Cobbler
1/2 c. butter (one stick)
1 c. flour
1 & 3/4 c. sugar, divided
1 tbs. baking powder
3/4 c. milk
4 c. sliced fresh peaches
1 tbs. lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 375. Place butter in 13×9 pan and let melt in oven. Remove pan from oven and set on stovetop.
2. Mix flour, 1 c. sugar, and baking powder in bowl. Add milk and stir just until ingredients are moist; don’t beat.
3. Pour batter over melted butter, but do not stir them together.
4. In a small dutch oven, cook peaches with 3/4 c. sugar and lemon juice to boiling, stir. Pour over batter, but do not stir.
5. Bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Yummm.
Thought of the Week: Weather and climes divide many couples. I could live in the north; Danny prefers the south. I love sweaters and jeans; he loves t-shirts and shorts. But we agree on fall and spring being the prettiest and most pleasant seasons. Temperatures in the 50s at night and 70s during the day are perfect for us both. Unfortunately, in Texas, these times of year only last about three weeks each. 🙂