Hungry and rushed for dinner – again? Don’t give in to fast-food drive-throughs. Here’s something quick, simple, and yummy…
Recipe of the Week: Quick Spicy Potatoes & Chicken
4 med. potatoes, washed/unpeeled, cut into 3/4″ cubes
salt, pepper, garlic powder
1 lb. chicken tenders*, cut into 3/4″ pieces
2 tbs. olive oil
1 c. Pace Chunky Salsa (or other prepared red salsa)
1 small can of corn or Mexicorn, drained
1. Sprinkle prepared potatoes with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Nuke 8-10 min. until tender.
2. While potatoes cook, in large skillet toss and brown chicken in oil over high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Lower heat, add potatoes, saute, and toss until potatoes are lightly browned.
4. Add salsa and corn, toss until thoroughly heated.
5. Serve with some fresh fruit and/or a green salad with sliced avocado.
*Substitutions: 1)use boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 3/4″ cubes; or 2)use packaged already-cooked chicken strips; or 3)cut up leftover chicken.
Thought of the Week: Voters are fickle. Gingrich is the man who led the crusade against Clinton for his sexual activities in the White House. Gingrich is the man who spoke out for the sanctity of marriage, family values, and the need for morals in society. Gingrich is the man who divorced his cancered wife, then divorced his MS wife after she would not go for an open marriage. Gingrich is the man who slams the media for intruding on his privacy, while his supporters say that his private life is irrelevant and has nothing to do with what he stands for politically. ( page/2012/01/newt_gingrichs_hypocrisy ) Really? It doesn’t matter what a presidential candidate’s morals are as long as he/she says what voters want to hear? Well, excuuuuuuse me for not going along with that bunch of bull!