Here is a quick and tasty meal that will satisfy any hearty appetite or picky taste buds – even kids like ranch dressing, right?
Recipe of the Week: Creamy Ranch Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. all-purpose flour, unbleached
2 tbs. dry ranch salad dressing mix
1-1/4 c. whole or 2% milk
3 c. medium egg noodles
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 tbs. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, adding the bouillon cubes to the water.
2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in olive oil until tender, turning to brown evenly.
3. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over the chicken in the skillet, stirring well.
4. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for one minute more.
5. Serve chicken mixture with the noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan. Make a salad and some garlic bread, while noodles and chicken are cooking.
#1 – Fry 6 slices of bacon until crisp. Place on paper towels. Leave 2 tbs. of drippings in the skillet and use in place of the olive oil. When chicken is ready for the noodles, stir in crumbled bacon pieces.
#2 – Substitute yolkless noodles or whole wheat noodles.
#3 – Saute some diced onion and mushrooms for a couple minutes before adding the chicken pieces.
Thought of the Week: Criminetly, it’s cold again!! The sun’s vanished, the dark clouds are back, and the wind is blowing like crazy. What a difference a jet stream makes! Talk about a spring break – our spring is spring breaking! (The bluebonnets are out and the next sunny day, I’ll take some pics of them.)